At St Joseph’s School the Arts are practised and valued as important outlets for the communication of ideas, feelings and beliefs and as major sources of intellectual, physical, spiritual and emotional development, understanding and enjoyment.
We provide comprehensive and sequential learning experiences in the Arts. We have a specialist Arts Program where children currently receive 1 hr of Visual Arts each week.
During this time students:
- Explore different artists and techniques that help them to build their own skills and create unquie artworks.
- Develop their own intellectual, imaginative and expressive potential.
- Develop skills, techniques and a knowledge of processes as a basis for personal expression.
- Develop critical skills and understanding of aesthetics.
- Develop understanding of how the arts evolve within social, cultural and historical contexts.
- Enjoy participating in the processes of creating, presenting and responding to the arts.